26 Tips To A Six-Figure Mindset
Several years ago, I use to think if I could just earn $40,000 a year I would be good. When I reached that goal, it felt great. Then I thought, if I could just earn $10,000 more a year, I would be set. Then when I reached that goal I thought to myself, why am I thinking so small? Why do I feel I am not worthy of making six-figures? Why do I feel like it’s impossible? At that moment, I changed my mindset. I tried my best to have positive thoughts. I wrote it, spoke it and felt it. "I WILL MAKE SIX FIGURES IN A YEAR." The goal was to make at least $100,000. The first time I said that was in November 2014. By the end of 2015, I exceeded my goal. Then I thought, if I changed my mindset and constantly worked towards my goals everyday, could I earn even more? Fast forward two years later, I recently was blessed with an opportunity that allowed me to earn more than $100,000 in three and half months.
Who knew that someone who was literally making $40,000 back in 2014(and even less before that), someone who experienced not having a place to live or a car to drive, could have the opportunities to earn this type of income. I am not telling you this to brag or boast. It's to show you that no matter how much money you make, where you come from, or what you have been through, you too can earn more income and have more opportunities. I had many plans and goals. Sometimes it seemed as if I would never make progress, but then many other times I received more than what I asked and prayed for. Those blessings may not have come when I wanted them to, but they always came just in time.
When you have more money, you have more opportunities, more options, more freedom to do the things you enjoy and love. It also gives you the opportunity to take pay off debt, save, invest and give back to others. My past and current opportunities has allowed me to improve my financial situation drastically. Yes, money isnt everything, but lets face it, we need money to survive, to run our households, to run our businesses, to have fun and explore life. No matter how you to choose to earn money(legally of course), you can continuously increase your income. Whether if you are working for someone else or own your own business, or both, you too can have a six-figure mindset, which can then lead to a six-figure income. Can you guess what's after that? Yes, that's right, MILLION DOLLAR MINDSET!
Don't be afraid of it. If others can do it, we can do it too. I know everyone may not want to earn six-figures. That is totally fine, but that doesn't mean you still can't set your own income level goals. Here are 26 tips to a Six-Figure Mindset. These tips have contributed to my opportunities and success thus far. Whether if your goal is to make $50,000 a year, $80,000 a year, or $250,000 a year, these tips could be applied to any income level goal you have set for yourself, no matter your location or industry.
26 Tips to a six-figure mindset:
- Travel! Don’t be afraid to seek opportunities away from home or to places you have never been. Those experiences could lead to more opportunities around the world or could lead to many options to choose from back home.
- Study! Some opportunities require certifications, licenses and degrees. If your profession requires it, then get it. Sometimes it’s best to get more than the minimum requirement to stand out from others.
- Research! Always do your own research and case studies. Textbooks don’t tell us everything. We must educate ourselves with a variety of resources.
- Connect with more people! Connections are the KEYS to life. Sometimes you will receive information about the best opportunities based on who you know. Don’t just meet people to get something from them, instead, build long lasting relationships and nurture them.
- Attend seminars/conferences! These events aren’t just hours or days of boring material. There are many benefits. You can learn more in your field, meet new people and find out about job opportunities that may not be publicly advertised.
- Attend social events outside of business hours! If your colleagues or potential employers are going to dinner, a football game, or bowling, go with them. Loosen up and relax. Most times you will get inside tips and secrets you may not have been exposed to if you were in a more professional setting.
- Stay several steps ahead of the competition! Don’t think of it as always being in a race, but yet focus on YOU. How can you become a better you for yourself? For you family? For your employer? For your business? How are you different than what or who is already out there? You have to constantly be working on new ways to be great. Be creative and different. This world is changing daily. Acknowledge when it’s time to make changes or add something new. If you aren’t changing with it, then you will be left behind.
- Don’t be intimidated! Intimidation can defeat some people. Don’t allow it to pull you away from opportunities that could change your life. Be confident in who you are and what you have to offer. You don’t always have to tell others what your about, your actions will speak for you.
- Shine your light! Don’t hold back, show your skills and talents to the world. Don’t be shy or scared. Even if you are, just learn how to show up and sho out while you’re afraid. Many of us are so talented, but we hold it in. Why? Are you afraid of failure or success?
- Give them what they want! If you want an opportunity, but you feel you aren’t qualified, do it anyway. Sometimes just having a conversation with someone could help give you the green light for a chance, even if you don’t meet any or all of the requirements. Just do it. You will be surprised how quickly you learn and who you will meet that will help you.
- Negotiate! Even if the sign says it’s not, it could be. You just have to talk to the right people and present the best selling points. Job opportunities and income can be negotiated. Whether if you have a employer or self employed, you have the power to earn the amount you deserve.
- Dress the part! Depending on your profession, looks matter. Make sure you dress the part, whatever that might be for you. We all are judged and judge others based on appearances. After the first few seconds, we have already made a judgement.
- Know what you’re talking about! When you’re speaking on a topic, make sure you know your stuff. You don’t have to know everything, but whatever you are teaching others, you need to actually know what you are presenting. You have to be prepared when others challenge you, want to debate or ask questions. If you aren’t prepared, then Google and You Tube is now your best friend.
- Don’t underestimate anyone! Sometimes the people who you think is not important are the ones who are the most important. They have the most knowledge and a genuine heart to help others. You never know what you can learn from someone.
- Tomorrow may not come! Don’t wait and think you will have the same opportunity tomorrow. That chance may not come again. Take advantage of what you have now, because tomorrow isn’t promised.
- Care less about critics and more about fans! No matter if you are a good or bad person, you will always have critics. You might as well live the life you want instead of pleaseing others. Focus more on the people who support you, especially when you’re not at your best. Those people deserve your attention, not the critics. I’m not referring to those who give constructive criticism. I’m referring to those who always have something negative to say no matter what you do.
- Manage your personal and business finances. It can sometimes be overwhelming and frustrating managing money. Especially if you’re trying to figure it out alone. Stress and worry can be a burden mentally and physically. Don’t be afraid to admit if you need help with managing your money. We all can’t be professional and experts at everything. Knowing when to delegate work and seek professional help will allow you to be successfull in all other areas of your life.
- Care for yourself! If you’re health isn’t great, then how can you enjoy the life you’ve worked so hard for? If your mind, body and spirit is constantly tired, worn out, and beat down, how can you continue to take on more opportunities? Be intentional with taking breaks to care for you. Even if it’s just an hour a day. Maybe you can choose one day of the week for self care. Just choose a time that’s best for you.
- Don’t be afraid to start at the bottom! Everyone can’t start in the middle or at the top. Sometimes you have to start small and work your way up to the big leagues. If you're working a job you don’t like or maybe you like the job but you're just not at the level you want to be, just know that this is a stepping stone to the next level. We all have worked a job we may not have wanted, but we have to keep the big picture in mind. Many jobs are temporary. Your "next" could be your big break.
- No doesn’t mean it’s over! Don’t be discouraged by NO. It’s just a minor road block that can be jumped over in hours, days, weeks, months or years. The length of time depends on you. The most successful and wealthiest people in the world were told NO plenty of times, but did they give up? Of course not!
- Take risks! Safe doesn’t take you to the next level, risks do! You must be willing to do what’s necessary, do whats required, do what’s uncomfortable. They all lead to a lifetime full of valuable lessons and rewards.
- Read books! Try to read a new book every month. Whether if it’s fiction or non-fiction, READ. If you feel like you dont have time, just ask yourself, how many hours do you watch TV or spend time on soical media? Those outlets provide many options to help improve our lives, but how many TV shows or social media pages do we watch that isn’t helping us grow? Start reading more today. There are too many options. Whether if it’s paperback, ebook or audio, just choose what options are best for you and get it done!
- Don't focus on others! When you spend too much time focusing on what others are doing, you’re wasting time. Spend more time on building your own personal and professional network. Dont waste time entertaining drama and people who could care less about you and don’t have your best interest at heart.
- Use your current job to fund your dream job! Sometimes it can be difficult leaving a job that you no longer enjoy because it pays well. Most of us want a job that we love and have fun doing. We want to earn money while living in our passions, using out gifts, and showcasing our talents. If you aren’t there yet, then continue working your current job while performing well. Be thankful and humble. Use that job to fund your dream job. Before you know it, you could be doing what you truly love while earning the same income or even more income than you could ever imagine.
- Help others! Everyone has had help from someone in some kind of way throughout their lifetime. It makes no sense to improve your life and gain success and not give back to help the next person. You can decide how small or big your giving and helping should be, but definitely don't neglect helping others. You never know when you will need help again.
- It’s ok if you don’t have a plan! Having a well thought out plan is great and can set you up for success, but sometimes opportunities will come and you dont have time to think or plan, you just have to jump in and go for it. Just remember to give it 100% and more. You will learn as you go. If you succeed, great! If you fail, it’s a lesson. A lesson that will set you up for the next opportunity, which could be your big break! There are so many success stories from people who have accomplished high levels of success, and they didn't always have a well thought out plan. Sometimes they didn't have a plan at all. They just always maintained their determination and will to always learn and never give up.
I hope these tips were helpful to get you started. Just remember that we are all capable of accomplishing goals that we may feel are out of reach. Don't feel discouraged. Don't compare yourself to others. Focus on your own journey. Take it day by day and week by week. Soon you will began to see the change you want in your financial situation.
Although I have had some amazing opportunities to learn, grow and earn income, I now want to discover how I can do what I love and still earn the income and I need and want. I know that's what you want for yourself too. We can do this!
Need more tips? Got questions? If so, please contact me. I am happy to help!