Do you want to start this New Year in a different way? Do you want to make a change in your life? Do you want to see results? If so, then its time to stop making excuses and start making progress. Start by writing down your goals. What you think about, you need to write about. Many people all over the world are creating vision boards to start the new year off right. I have created vision boards a few times in the past and they are a great tool to use for planning your goals and dreams.
Lately, I have been doing goal jars. I did created one for the first time in 2015. I chose seven goals in the seven different areas of my life, which were financial, career, social, spiritual, family, intellectual, and physical. I wrote down each goal on a piece of paper and put it in a jar like the one pictured above. I then prayed over it and created an action plan so that it can manifest into reality. When I accomplished these goals, it made me realize that when you are intentional and smart with your goals, results will come. Don’t just write out your goals, put them in a jar, and never think about them again. You must constantly be working and looking at these goals. Life happens and things change, but you must be willing and ready to adapt and change in the direction that life takes you. No matter if you do a vision board, a goal jar or if you write them on a sticky note, they KEY is to write them down and put them somewhere you will see it on a daily basis. If you want to try something different, try a goal jar!
Start your goal jar TODAY:
- Purchase a clear jar, a label and colored construction paper.
- Purchase a black permanent marker and scissors.
- There is no limit on the number of goals you can put in your jar, just make sure they are your goals. No matter if they are short-term or long-term, just make sure you cover all seven areas of your life.
- It’s ok to be realistic with your goals, but don’t be too realistic. You may think it will take years for something to happen, but it could really happen in weeks or months. Take a risk and believe in the unthinkable.
- Cut the papers into small squares. Write one goal on a piece of paper, fold it, and put it in the jar. Continue this process until you have finished putting all the goals in the jar and close the lid.
- Keep the jar in a place where you will see it every day. Try the kitchen, bathroom, or work.
- In the middle of the year, revisit all of your goals to track your progress. Make sure you celebrate the small wins along the way.
- Make sure you are ALWAYS working on your goals. You must do something towards them every day. Even if it's small baby steps. Don't say you are too busy or don't have enough time. You actually have more time than you think. How many hours do you spend each day or week watching reality TV? Or lurking on social media? Or gossiping about others? STOP MAKING EXCUSES! You have time, you just need to create an action plan that will push you beyond your biggest efforts.
Well, Let’s Get started! Feel free to post a photo of your goal jar and tag me on Social Media. I'm excited for all of the blessings and opportunities we all will receive this year. If you need additional help or have questions, please contact me. I am happy to help!